The 3 Most Popular Myths About Blackjack
People often tend to be superstitious - yes, that's really true! Also for those who claim the opposite of themselves. We all may experience something superstitious every now and then, even if it's only subconsciously. According to the unreliability hypothesis "leads the person concerned to a tendency to control and this in turn leads to the development of superstitious behavior". Games where the outcome cannot be controlled by the player are the best example of this. So it's no wonder that there are so many myths about gambling and especially about blackjack. And they're actually really convincing, even if they're totally absurd. Let's look at the top 3 myths and refute them.
# 1 Try to get as close to 21 as possible
It's a hand that adds up to 21 that almost guarantees victory - but only almost. Because if the dealer has blackjack and you haven't bought insurance, 21 or even blackjack won't pay off for you. Everything is relative and you compare your hand to the dealer's. As you can see in the picture above, you can also win with an 8 in your hand. This is one of the basic strategies. And your gut instinct will always advise you not to draw another card because the dealer has lost. You can also lose with a 20 in hand. For example, if the dealer is lucky and just draws the card that ultimately brings him to the value of 21. While this is unlikely, it is not impossible.
"It's a death sake of gambling to confuse a bad game with bad luck." Ian Fleming (Casino Royale, 1953)
# 2 The actions of the other players can spoil the game for you
You have delivered a perfect game so far. But now the other player at the table has a card value of 16 and the dealer's card is 5. The player has now lost. More important than that, however, is that they purposely took the 10 card for the dealer and the house wins with it. Even if it may sound reasonable to you at first, it is illogical to blame others. The number of other players and their actions, no matter how nonsensical they look, have no effect on your cards. If you sit at a dealer table in real time, you will notice that the number of players and hands varies from round to round. Do not let this unsettle you and rather direct your focus on the game. It is not the other players' mistakes that make you lose, but your own mistakes.
# 3 Card counting isn't for everyone
These players, who might include you, think about it so simply because it just fits their strategy. The more people think that card counting is illegal and that not everyone can learn, the less competition the players who actually count the cards face. In reality there are two different systems for counting cards - some are easier and some are harder. It is a great advantage that you have over the house and we can only recommend it to you. To show you how easy it is, we have described it here again separately. You don't have to be a math genius to learn it. But to get good at it you have to invest time in learning. The online casinos are better suited for this than a real casino. And the perfect place to learn is the real-time casinos.
Basic Blackjack Strategie
You cannot learn to run unless you have learned to walk first. For this reason, there are two other things you should start with before trying your hand at card counting. The first thing every blackjack player should do is familiarize yourself with the rules . Yes, yes you know of course that your goal is to get as close as possible to 21 and that without going over it. And that you should have a stronger hand than the dealer. But that's not all. There are other features of the game variant you choose to look out for. How many decks are left in the card slot? Will the dealer stop on a soft 17? Are side bets available? Is giving up an option? While these rules may seem insignificant to you, they make a huge difference in the house edge and, of course, your chances of winning. And once you've learned the basics of the game variations, you can Keep improving your games by looking at this strategy chart . This is already available online. Nevertheless, you should not rely on any table.
Make sure you find the right table for your particular game variant. This should include the software developer, the basic rules (which we already mentioned), as well as the number of decks and the rules for the dealer and player. When you've found the right table that fits the game of your choice, you should go through it down to the last detail. By doing this, you will only be doing yourself a great favor. Here's how to use a strategy map in 4 steps:
- Make sure you have the correct table for your game. So you can find in our article Playtech’s Blackjack Switch the right card for the popular blackjack variant
- Look at your cards. Let's say you have a face card and a 4. That means you have a value of 14 in your hand.
- Look at the cards from the dealer and decides if you still move another card or stop. If his card is between 2 and 6 you shouldn't draw another card. However, if this is greater than 7, you should draw another card.
- Repeat if necessary. If your previous hand was of lower value (say 7) and you draw a third low card (say 5), you should reconsider whether to continue drawing or standing
Now we've realized that some myths are just - myths - and now you've got a ticket to success. This means that you have found the best way to improve your game. We also showed you how to find the right strategy table and how to use it. And that step by step. So what else is there to know? Well, you can and will experience that for yourself once you start playing regularly. Here is a list of some pieces of advice to help you reduce your losses and increase your chances of winning.
- Use tools - no one will know - One of the greatest advantages of online casinos is that nobody can see which tables, tools etc. you are using to increase your chances. So if you're playing an RNG game, you won't be pressed for time. However, keep in mind that you always have to act a little faster in real-time casinos.
- Places a bet on another player's hand - This is another great option that the casino sites offer you. Because it means that you can join a real-time casino and play as many rounds as you want without having to make a single decision. Leave the decision as to whether or not to draw another card with the player behind whom you are betting. And accepts your decision. No matter if this brings you a profit or a loss.
- Beobachtet & Lernet - While betting behind another player means that you must first make a mission, you should also watch the other players at the real-time table. You can learn free from your trains and mistakes for free. Just register for it in your player account and fits well. Even if you can not win money.
- Take the time you need - Are you still a beginner and would you like to memorize the basic strategies and practice at your own pace? No problem, just start a RNG blackjack game and you can play as slowly as you want
- Don't play the side bets - We know - the side bets are too tempting and you want the 25: 1 payout so badly - but the side bets are very hard to win and they add to the house edge. This means that they decrease the chances of winning and you really don't want to.
- To practice - If you want to be good at something, no matter what, you should bring a lot of practice with you. You will need a lot of that for blackjack before you can comfortably bet large sums of money.
- Have fun –Do not forget that gaming was created for leisure. It should put a smile on your face and give you a good time. So you shouldn't be stressed while you try to build a fortune with which you can retire. Because that will stress you even more and you will then try to compensate for your losses - which will cost you even more money in the end.